|Volume 13 of ICCA Congress Series, International Arbitration 2006: Back to Basics?, contains the proceedings of the 13th ICCA Congress held in Montreal in 2006, where international commercial arbitration specialists from around the world gathered to glean fresh insights on fundamental issues, focusing on three central themes. |
The Reports and Commentary presented in Working Group A of the Congress concentrate on Re-examining the Arbitration Agreement. Leading experts explore crucial topics, including:
- The autonomy of the arbitration agreement;
- The arbitrators ’jurisdiction to determine jurisdiction;
- The law applicable to the arbitration agreement;
- Treaties as agreements to arbitrate.
Working Group B sessions examine Contemporary Practice in the Conduct of Proceedings and cover procedural aspects in Round Tables on:
- Fact testimony;
- Document production;
- The effective use of legal and technical experts;
- Oral Argument
and in Reports and Commentary on:
- Arbitral Provisional Measures: The Actual Practice;
- Evidentiary Privileges
The volume concludes with the papers generated from the Congress’s Plenary Session on Commercial Arbitration and Transnational Public Policy and Treaty Arbitration and International Law.