|The Yearbook Commercial Arbitration continues its longstanding commitment to serving as a primary resource for the international arbitration community with reporting on arbitral awards and court decisions applying the leading arbitration conventions, as well as arbitration legislation and rules. |
Volume XXXIII includes;
- excerpts of arbitral awards made under the auspices of, inter alia, the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- a biennial update of the Digest of Investment Treaty Decisions and Awards first published in 2006;
- notes on new and amended arbitration rules, including references to their online publication;
notes on recent developments in arbitration law and practice in the Dubai International Financial Centre, Rwanda, Slovenia, Syria and Ukraine, as well as on the opinion of the Advocate General of the European Court of Justice in the West Tankers case;
- excerpts of 109 court decisions applying the 1958 New York Convention from 23 countries – including an update of Russian and Greek jurisprudence and, for the first time, decisions from Argentina, Belize, the British Virgin Islands, Chile and Peru –all indexed by subject matter and linked to the General Editor’s published commentaries on the New York Convention;
- an extensive Bibliography of recent books and journals on arbitration.
The Yearbook is edited by the International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA), the world’s leading organization representing practitioners and academics in the field, with the assistance of the Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Hague. It is an essential tool for lawyers, business people and scholars involved in the practice and study of international arbitration.